Batch Resize Multiple Images in Photoshop – Photoshop comes with an script – image processor. that will open ,resize and save Multiple images automatically for you.With the help of image processor script we can easily convert and resize multiple images to smaller sizes.We can also resize different dimensions images into same dimension,it will really useful for image optimization for websites .you can also convert images in to smaller file size for the internet.
So here i have some images with different dimensions.
Note: Please Collect all images in a single folder , Before you process because we are going to choose this folder for image process (batch resize).
Now i can show you how to resize all images ones.we are going to use a tool in Photoshop called Image Processor. Jump in to Photoshop, From Photoshop menu bar , Select File >> Scripts >> Image processor…
When you click on Image Processor a new dialog box is pop up (Image processor dialog box).
- Select the image for process
There is two option “Use Open Images” and “Select Folder” . when You choose “use open images” .Image processor use images already opened in Photoshop to processes or choose “Select Folder” option to select an entire folder to resize all the images in it. we are going to choose “Select Folder” option. Click on Select Folder and select the folder with the images you want to batch resize.
Choose your Folder it will resize all images in that folder.
2. Select location to save processed images :Select a location to save the output images.
Here you have two option “Save in same Location” or “Select Folder”. If you choose “Save in same Location” .Photoshop will save all resize (processed images) images in to same location or if you “Select Folder” you can give custom location for processed images.
Specify the following details for the images to be resized:
- File Type : There are three options for output images file format, you can either save them in JPEG , PSD or TIFF file formats.we going to choose jpeg file format.So check “Save as JPEG” Option.We are going to convert all file in to jpeg format.
- Quality : Here you can set the image quality (value Between 0 to 12). A lower value will reduce the image size.We are going to put 10 in Quality tab.
- Resolution : Check “Resize to fit” . Set a output resolution for the images to be resized (i am going to put 1000/1000) or leave it unchecked for the images to maintain their original size.
When you hit on Run. Batch Resize process is start Photoshop Image processor will open all images one by one and resize all images automatically . Photoshop take a few seconds or more to complete Batch Resize Multiple Images.
Once the batch re-sizing is completed , your all resized images will be saved into a sub-folder named “JPEG” with the original image names.
Now you can view the “JPEG” Folder. Photoshop image processor will save all image into this folder and resize all image also reduce Image Size without Losing Image Quality .this is really useful for optimizing images for Web.Uploading image into websites or Share .